Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City

I'm into the one-hand countdown until I head to New York City. It has to be one of my favorite places on Earth. If it were up to me, we'd live in a big city. My husband, however, would rather we live in the middle of a field, in the middle of nowhere. So I suppose where we live now is sort of a compromise.

I'm headed into the city to take a class on writing--instruction that is. This will be my second summer doing so. I spent an entire week in awe last year at how much I was learning. This year I've talked two others into coming with. That's one thing I'm perplexed about. I'm so thankful I have others there to discuss what were learning but at the same time, I'm going to miss my solo journey. Yes, I'm one of those go-to-the-movies-alone kind of gals. Let's hope I don't lose my cool when, after eight days, I still haven't had a moment to myself.

After the class is finished, my mom is flying out so we can do a mini vacation. We did the same thing last year, but have refined our visit a bit. Up until a year ago, my brother lived in Brooklyn Heights, so we ventured back over to Brooklyn for part of our visit. As lovely of a borough as it is, it was a little too removed from all the things we wanted to do. So this year we're sticking to Manhattan. We're staying at the same hotel as last year because it was just lovely. Let's hope it's even better than last year.

But what to do in our visit? We will head back to Brooklyn on Saturday for breakfast at Luluc, then on to Sahadi's for goodies, and probably a walk back across the Bridge on our way to dinner at Petite Abeille.

Now to find other great things to do. Any suggestions? We're open.

No comments:

Post a Comment