Thursday, August 20, 2009

Judge-y

Really, I do try to not be too judgmental. But there are certain times when certain things really tick me off. Take for example the girl at the bus stop today.

Looked to be about 17 or 18 years old. DiscMan attached to the side of her backpack with earphones engraved into her canals while the music is loud enough to supply my car with song. Greasy, unkempt hair. Wearing a stretchy dress that's at its limits; the slit on her leg forms a wide v. Clearly 8 or 9 months pregnant. A can of Mountain Dew in hand.

Now why on earth would I really have anything to judge her for? Hey, I go a day or two without a shower and I certainly have skipped a haircut here and there (um, for a whole year once!). Certainly every pregnant woman is allowed some caffeine. Let her have Dew.

Oh, that's right. It might have been that cigarette she's sucking on like someone's gonna steal it from her.

It saddened me beyond belief. But really, what could I say to someone that far along that would make a difference? Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment