Sunday, November 22, 2009

Trolling for Recipes

Trolling for Recipes

During the holiday seasons are when I seem to do the most Internet recipe searches. I like to try new recipes for the same old dishes and this year I went in search of one for cranberries. Yes, I could buy a canned version and watch my guests chisel away at the cylindrical blob-with of course, that slightly disgusting slurping sound that ensues as you slide your spoon through the form-blech.

Last night I came across my winner. Just look at those crimson jewels, succulent.

Photo courtesy of

http://thekitchensinkrecipes.com/

But seeing as though I am taking from the virtual penny jar I shall also leave a penny. Here’s a recipe for literally the best eggnog I have ever had! It’s my mother-in-law’s recipe and I only make it on Thanksgiving and Christmas-which makes it extra special.

Ingredients:

1 C. egg substitute (Egg Beaters)

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

7-7 1/2 C. milk (I use 2 percent)

1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Beat the sweetened condensed milk into the egg substitute. Add the milk and vanilla.

Make sure you’ve mixed well and chill thoroughly.

Stir before serving.

Top with homemade whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.


I know you’ll love it! Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment