Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

Tree Time

I finally lugged the 200 lbs tree home in its decrepit box yesterday. Okay, okay, it wasn’t really that heavy but it was awkward and definitely not light.

This will be our first Christmas without a real tree (which I’m allergic too...as a side note!). Does that sound stupid or what? But here’s the thing, it’s not so much about the tree being real or fake it’s about a missed opportunity to drive all over tar nation with my husband looking for just the right one. And when we actually find thee one, bringing it home and having to chop off another 2 feet from the trunk because we, again, got one way too tall for our 9 ft ceiling. There will be no sap mark on the ceiling this year like our first two Christmas’ because a boxed tree doesn’t bleed.

So, is this our new tradition? Hubby sets up the “trunk” and inserts the branches then I come along and unfurl the needles and make the tree look full? It makes me sad, to leave behind our shenanigans, I mean tradition. But alas, to new traditions and a Happy(er) New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment