Friday, June 25, 2010

Funk That

Remember that terrible song? I thought of it today as I got ready to take the dog for a walk. And it's my new proclamation. Funk That!

I am so sick and tired (and flippin' hot!) of hiding a body that I think is not attractive. I've been wearing long pants and jeans for YEARS hiding my legs and all the while I'm completely suffering.

When I was working out two days ago in our living room no one else was home yet there I was in my long black stretchy pants about to pass out from heat stroke. Are you kidding me? Why do I torture myself? Oh, because I might offend someone with my cankles and chunky legs.

So, it's time to get over it.

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart (good, cheap workout clothes!) and purchased two new tanks and a pair of--get this--capri leggings. Not only do they not go to the floor, they're also skin tight. And I love them. I wore them to yoga last night (um, I did, however, wear my other black pants over them for the walk to the studio and back; baby steps people) and then today I wore them to workout. It was so much more comfortable and practical.

And after my workout (which is now the P90X Cardio, super good!) I took the dog for a walk--in my leggings. And it felt great.

I might not look so hot but I don't care. Why have I been worrying about everyone else in life and not my own comfort?

Funk that!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! That's awesome :)
    I can totally relate, too. I often find myself sucking in my gut while I drive and then I'm like...who am I trying to impress? No one can even see my stomach right now!
    And I hate, hate, hate shorts and I never wear them. Someday I hope to have enough confidence to do so. So again, yay for capri yoga pants! I bet you look HOT!!! No, seriously. I bet you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You don't deserve to suffer. You're beautiful just the way you are. You'll get to where you want to be, it just takes time, but don't feel like you have to impress anyone else. Plus, shorts are wayyyy more comfy than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the movie Teen Witch? That song makes me think of that stupid movie that I shouldn't admit to loving, but that I so do!

    And I am so proud of you for graduating to the capree leggings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya! I'm sure you look awesome - screw everyone else!

    ReplyDelete