Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hey Baby (errr Babies!)

So our friends welcomed their twin boys on Friday morning. There are many amazing things about this birth. One of them happens to be that the mother-to-be went 39 weeks carrying twins. I'm convinced she could have made it 40 weeks but they had (by doctor's orders) scheduled the c-section at that time.

Secondly, the boys came out weighing 6 lbs 6 oz and...wait for it...8 lbs! Unreal. She was literally carrying two fully grown single pregnancy babies in there.

The hubs and I went to the hospital today to visit. And boy, they are perfect. Right now, they look nothing alike. They were both ultra sweet and fell asleep in my arms-such a lovely feeling.

So, that's one friend pregnant with twin boys down, one more to go. This week this second set of friends will find out how much longer they are supposed to go. I think full term she'd deliver in June. Not far off at all.

Our weekend was full of family and babies. What about yours?

1 comment:

  1. My weekend was full of kids...and I loved it! LIttle girls and their imagination galore!

    ReplyDelete