Saturday, February 27, 2010

Frumpy

I'm feeling frumpy lately. Between my newly baggy clothes and how I spend my nights and weekends I'm not feeling like a million bucks.

I had a meeting/collaboration thing to attend today. I was seeing some people I hadn't seen in quite a while and I was excited at the prospect of looking differently to them. I'm not an overly casual dresser so I had on khakis and a black button up shirt. Normally this is an outfit I feel nice in-I like the color combination, it seems fairly forgiving of any excess bumps and bulges.

But then it happened. I was walking down a hallway from one room to another when I passed a rather long series of glass panes protecting bulletins and posters of some sort and *gasp*. What in the world? What the? Blech! I look like THAT?!

Somehow overnight I had gone from lazy and chubby to someone a size or two smaller-but still walking the chubby girl's life--and wearing the chubby girl's clothes. It's that really uncomfortable point though where I don't want to buy new clothes. My word, it's not pretty but I'm not done changing.

Which brings me to my second point of frumpiness. What are you doing with your Friday or Saturday night? Hot date? Fun plans? Me? Oh, you know...it's just too exciting to talk about. It will probably make you jealous.





Awwwww yeah. Workin' out, doing dog tricks. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment