Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Surgery



When I came home from work tonight I held my usual routine. Codie and I headed outside to toss the ball around and then I noticed, she was limping. And not just limping a little bit, she was certainly nursing her front paw and when standing, was keeping it elevated.

Off to the local vet we went. By the time we got there her paw began bleeding. Turns out she has extra long Quicks-the fleshy stuff under her nails-which does a combination of things. But the end result is that her nails split, bleed, and get infected.

Thursday she will go back to the vet for surgery. Anesthesia, breathing tube, the whole shebang. I'm slightly nervous about the whole process. She is my baby after all.

So, say a couple of puppy prayers for her if you will. Let's hope I can make it through the day without tears.

3 comments:

  1. Praying that she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor Codie! I will keep both of you in my thoughts!

    My little Calvin just started limping today, too. Upon investigation, it looks like he might have an insect bite up in his "armpit." We're gonna watch him for a day or so and then take him in if he keeps limping.

    Let us know how Codie does!

    ReplyDelete