Friday, April 2, 2010

Temptation and a Long Car Ride




Meet the temptation. We dined at the Cheesecake Factory today. I haven't been to one since I lived in Florida--at least 6 years ago. I was de-lish! Luckily I wasn't able to finish the cheesecake otherwise I may have felt really guilty.

But, I've decided to not make myself feel guilty while I'm on vacation. I'm going to enjoy what I want, in moderation. I brought Bob with me. Well, at least I brought his yoga dvd with me. However, the hotel we're staying at tonight has a fitness room. I marched myself down there and set the treadmill for 40 minutes. And the nice surprise of the experience for me, at 33 minutes I turned up the pace and jogged. For seven minutes. That's huge for me. I'm not a runner nor a jogger. So this was a big accomplishment. I know our vacation spot does not have a gym so yoga it will be.

The hubs and I were in a car today for about 7 hours. Around hour 6 my one knee started to ache. I needed to stretch. Tomorrow I'll have the ability to stand up while traveling, if need be. It's early to rise for us to get to the airport.

Happy Spring Break!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,
    I met you through BlogFrog and am interested in starting The Shred. Are you dieting as well or just monitoring what you eat? How long did it take you to lose almost 20? CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss! I am totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheesecake looks so good. My husband and I recently drove 17 hours to CA and my knees and back started to hurt a lot. It's nice you'll be able stand if you need to tomorrow, and that you'll be doing yoga on your trip!

    ReplyDelete