Monday, February 22, 2010

Turkey Quinoa Burgers


Okay, thanks again to Shannon for the recipe. Unbelievably, the hubs liked them! They were hearty, had a good texture, and they tasted good.

I felt they were easy to prepare too. And it got us back to quinoa which we had neglected from last summer (I think hubs thought I was trying to make it too often).



This pan is one of the pans I got for Christmas. I love this pan. Love it.



I didn't do a very good job of keeping track of how long I cooked them. That's the one things hubs said about them, maybe slightly overcooked. I thought they were fine though.



Okay, so Shannon recommended the mayo mustard mix on top. And hey, that's something I used to make all the time...especially when I'd make chicken with either a cornflake coating or the French's Fried Onions.

But if you will recall, I'm not eating mayo these days ("It's eeee-veeilll. Like the fru-ittts of the dev-eeeel"- Mike Myers in So I Married An Axe Murderer). Instead I had planned to drown mine in mustard. I
♥ mustard.

But amazingly even though the hubs loves the aioli mix he recognized he should have eaten ketchup or even stuck with the white balsamic vinegar as a sauce. However, there was an incident with the mustard (and the mayo).

I had mixed it on one small bowl and was transferring to a ramekin for hubs' plate. Somewhere along the lines one thing slipped which then propelled the ramekin off the counter and screaming towards the floor. I'm sure I swore, I felt me legs tug back, the crack! Aioli everywhere. On the floor, cupboards, drawers, stove, trash can, my pants, etc etc. Thank goodness for our house cleaner, Codie. She had the whole mess cleaned up in two minutes...then I just went behind her and disinfected. If you don't own a dog, I understand you being grossed out. If you do own a dog, you know why I let it happen.

I was going to take a picture of the mess but she started her clean up so quickly I didn't have a chance. Good girl.

Anyway, make them, they were yummy and good for you!

1 comment:

  1. Those look good!

    But mostly I just wanted you acknowledge your brilliant quote from "So I Married An Axe Murderer." LOVE that movie. We quote it all the time, lol.

    ReplyDelete