Monday, January 11, 2010

The Shred-Day Eight

I did it! Or should I say I didn't do it!


I didn't stop! That's right ladies and gentlemen (are there any gentlemen reading my words?), I made it through the entire Level One today without stopping. My only hiccup was right after the warm ups I realized I didn't have my weights! When we had company over last night we moved my stuff and I forgot to grab them again today. So I quickly snatched them and got back to it.

Day 8. That's right. Earlier today, as I was leaving work, I was geared up to work out. Then I got home and I have no idea what happened. So I did a little internet search for some "workout music"--and honestly I was just looking for artists to plug into Pandora--and I came across this website. While it wasn't the best mix ever it surely did keep me going. There were a couple of songs I would have skipped but overall, thanks mix!

And get this, the hubs made dinner again! This is usually a rare occasion. I'm the cook and I know it. I was planning on making mashed potatoes and a veggie when I was done with my workout because I knew he was grilling the pork chops. When I finally dragged myself into the kitchen he had everything made! What a treat.

So, speaking of food, le menu:

Green tea with mixed berry
Low fat Greek yogurt with granola and honey

Roast beef sandwich with Havarti
An apple

Banana

Pork chop
Green beans
Mashed potatoes

Okay, since we're still talking about food let me just say it was birthday treat at school today. Birthday treat happens once a month and it celebrates all the birthdays for one month. This also takes place first thing in the morning, about ten minutes before the bell rings, you know, that really bad time when you can rationalize an oatmeal cookie as breakfast?!

Then, this afternoon I had a meeting where we all ordered out--from a pie company! Some ordered pumpkin bars and some ordered cheesecake. Not me--well, I did buy a chocolate chip cookie whose main ingredient is butter.

Again, there you go, assuming the worst. Or not...I bought the cookie for hubby (long story short, he used to work right by this pie company and was pining for a cookie).

So I didn't step foot in the lounge and I didn't eat a lovely dessert! I did hear at my afternoon meeting there were pies, cheesecakes, and other terrible things in the lounge!

So that's day 8. How was your day?

2 comments:

  1. Great job!!! That is SO great that you didn't have to stop at all! Also good job on passing up the goodies. We had cake at work for someone's birthday and I took a piece so it wouldn't look rude.. but did I eat any of it.. no way.. and after it sat on my desk for a few hours.. in the garbage it went!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You are doing so great! You have more will power then I do. I would have ate something I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete