Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Shred-Day Twenty Five

I did it again. I had to open a new tab and check my own blog to see which day I was on. You'd think I could get it straight. I'm guessing the numbers will get more confusing as I continue. Alas, day 25 has been done.

You know how I was complaining yesterday about having to do sub plans and all that? Well, today ended up being worth it. Was the training that amazing you may be asking? Um, well, it was good--but we were slated 8:30-3:30 and rocked out at 2:15. I had the best of intentions of coming home, working out, and then spending the rest of the evening cuddling with my recuperating hubby. Try that, but in reverse. I did a lot of cozying up to him and just now finished the Shred, at 8ish.

But did it I did. I still can't rockstar. I was so glad to read that I wasn't alone though. And is it just me or are those last ab moves on your elbow a killer? It's not the ab part but the elbow part. I couldn't even do more than two so now I do them with my arm straight. Am I alone there?

This weekend my parents are coming to visit. I haven't seen them since Christmas which is a long time. We usually see each other about every two to three weeks. Anyhow, my point being my parents haven't seen me in my less chubby state. I certainly hope she can see a difference. Hubby let slip one day that I was working out-I was trying to keep it a secret. I hope there's no let down.

It's always hard when you have company-the eating that is. Luckily my mom understands as we struggle with the same things. We do have dinner reservations on Saturday night to celebrate my dad and hubby's birthdays. We're headed to a local must. And I know I'll be eating healthy because I already know what I'm ordering.

I thought about this while watching the Biggest Loser this week. I've become defensive of Jillian. It's like I've seen a different side of her. And when the Red Team went on their lying rampage I was ticked for Jillian. Don't mess with my girl! Ha!

Today's menu is not exciting. In fact, had I been more prepared I would NOT have eaten the lunch I was given. I knew going into today that it wouldn't be spectacular but I didn't think we would be eating middle school cafeteria food.

Same breakfast as normal, tea and yogurt.

I have a thing against most lunch meats anyway and when I saw my oval "ham" sandwich, I was less than thrilled. We got boxed lunches. The contents:
Sandwich-ham with a white "cheese" square, tomato (which was immediately ripped off my bun, yuck!), lettuce, on a kaiser.
A banana so green even I wouldn't eat it for two days (gee thanks)
A bag of Ruffles (hello, 11 grams of fat)
A cookie--I think it's peanut butter

What did I actually eat? The sandwich, sans tomato plus mustard (I avoided the mayo packet), carrots, and fruit salad. I brought the latter two myself. I really, really wanted the chips. But it was more I wanted the salty crunch. They were even sour cream and cheddar. Yummm.

So I refrained from all the unhealthy stuff at lunch and I was so proud. Until I got in the car and was starving after the meeting. What did I do when I got home? I had a large handful of BAKED sour cream and cheddar chips, a small bowl of chicken noodle soup, and a serving and a half of the Dark Chocolate Chex. And this was around 4. I haven't had anything since and I'm thinking that's a good thing. I am about to make some fruit salad for tomorrow-with pineapple too this time. I might have a bite or two of that. All in all, not too shabby.

Tomorrow is day 26. The hubs has a gig so I'm on my own. Hope he's back to his old self and feeling well though! He hasn't been out of bed in two days! Saturday my plan is to work out in the morning before my parents arrive so I have the whole day free then I'll work out Sunday night after they leave.

How's your week? Tomorrow's Friday ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment