Friday, January 1, 2010

Cheers, to a New(er) Me

New Year, New(er) Me?

2010 is here and it seems less climactic than normal. We spent NYE with two sets of friends, one of which came BACK to the U.S. for a visitand we missed them terribly. It was wonderful to see them. Alas, they have already left our home to go visit their family.

Usually the hubby and I come up with a resolution or two but that isn’t so this year. Three years ago we both resolved to no longer add cream and sugar to our coffee. That was a rough couple of weeks. I almost gave up drinking it and now I can’ t imagine drinking it any other way than black.

Two years ago we resolved to R-E-C-Y-C-L-E (in my head that was a flashback to a 6th grade musical I was in). We got off to a great start but it fizzled after three months. Not to sound completely lazy but we have to take our recycling to a center about 8-10 miles away. And even then, we couldn’t take everything there. They only accepted certain plastics and clear bottles.

Last year we started composting. We even have a big ‘ol bin outside. I’d like to do more with red worms this year, though.

Just yesterday, hubby mentioned getting back on the recycling bandwagon, and yes, we should. But what about me? What have I done for me lately? Not much. I can’t remember the last time I worked out. That’s so sad. I do okay with the eating well part but the working out seems so easy to pass up.

I resolve to treat myself better. I will exercise. I will lose weight. I will appreciate myself more. To get this all started I have committed to Jackie and her community to start The Shred. Mine has yet to arrive in the mail but I have until January 4 to get going. I think, in the meantime, I’m going to break out another one of my workout videos so I can get back into the swing of things.

Next on my to-do list is to take measurements, yikes, and before photographs, double yikes. My hope is that by putting it out there I will hold myself more responsible. What do I need you to do? Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Go Holly- GO GO GO... I know you will do AWESOME... and no worries i am here right with you on this 30 day jouney..

    HOLLA wheneva u need me..

    ReplyDelete