Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Shred-Day Nine

I don't know what it was about today but man was day 9 hard! I tried to pump myself in the car on the way home. I only listened to upbeat music and I bopped and sang along. But nothin'. Day 9 was hard.

I turned on music again today during the workout but it was not inspiring. There were 5-7 second delays between songs and even one song took a good 15 seconds. I need to make my own mix. Maybe this weekend.

I did notice today, though, that Anita did what I did--rocked between her feet during the jump rope because our calves were on FIRE! Made me feel better.

I am trying to do more Natalie things--sinking low into squats, a couple ab things too. I am not good at push-ups, totally Anita style. Is it just me, or are the beginning warm up things, the windmills, difficult and painful? I think they hurt, really.

I'm certainly hoping for a better workout tomorrow. The last day of level one!

Today's uninspired menu:

Green tea with mixed berry
Low fat Greek yogurt with granola and honey

Banana--3/4 of it...the bottom was mushy!

Paprika chicken with brown rice

Apple

3 tacos-cheese, ground beef, lettuce, avocado
oh and another hard shell to eat the rest of the avocado...oops.

Kiwi-shared with hubby, who had never eaten it like me before. I cut mine in half and then scoop them out. The kiwi is its own bowl. Yum yum.

Okay, the Biggest Loser is on. I'm tuning in, sans food, to find some inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I have had hard days and easy days. Both mentally and physically. Thank you for all your positive comments. I am also watching the biggest loser and checking on everyones blogs.
    Do you go to a gym in lansing? A girl that use to teach kickboxing in jackson now teaches in at on the the ymcas. She reminds me of jillian. Her classes are killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I Anita bop out the jumping jacks, too. But am full out Natalie on anything involving the squats. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try my best to do everything Nat-style but push ups. I can barely do Anita-style push ups. I'm finally getting through the jump rope and jumping jacks but my legs feel like jelly afterwards. Sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete