Monday, January 4, 2010

The Shred-Day One-Post Edit

Post Edit-

I did not indulge in a healthy grapefruit...rather, despite having JUST eaten dinner, my stomach wouldn't stop growling. I'm not sure if it's getting back into the school routine (aka, being able to eat whenever I feel like it) or the exercising with intentional carb reduction? Either way, another fat free greek yogurt with a squeeze of honey and a small handful of granola.

Am I the only one, or does anyone else do their best or most clear thinking in the shower? I got to thinking about my day one of The Shred and I don't want to do anyone a disservice by letting on that it was easy or not mentally and physically challenging. It certainly was. Like other ladies on the forum, I had to stop every once in a while and take a 5-10 second break. My muscles burned, my legs shook, and I wondered when a minute ever became that long.
But like Jillian said, if 400 pound men and women can do this, people who have found themselves in a less healthy position than me, I can do this.

I also have a confession. I AM doing this for me. You know all the reasons so I won't name them however, I am also doing this for a vacation. This year we're headed to the Grand Canyon. Lots of walking, mountains, heat, need I say more? What would be worse than having a 31 year old, pasty, overweight woman hoofing it up and down a mountain with a wheeze that would scare the donkey?! Yuck.

Whew, I feel better now. Yes, slightly vain that I'd actually like to look nice in a pair of capris, but can you blame me?

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty, LOVED the post! I will see you on the finish line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame you...not at all! But, wow...anyone who does the Shred deserves a standing ovation! And...it's not me. I'm too scared.

    ReplyDelete